A West Elm Cottage + a few of my favs!

I remember when I picked up my first West Elm catalog how excited I was by the style and modern design of each piece. When it arrived in the mail I would stop what I was doing and examine each piece, ripping out the pages I loved to add to the inspiration folder. In a way it was even more intriguing since at the time we did not have any stores in Boston, thankfully now we have two!

When I came across West Elm's creative director Alex Bates house in Country Living, I found myself doing the same thing. Pulling the magazine closer to me hoping to get into each room and examine how she furnished every bedroom, living room and outdoor space! It's just a fantastic cottage one that exudes a casual beachy feel!

CountLivWestElm

Below each photo you will see I have added a few of my current favorite West Elm pieces so you can get the look in your own house!


<span class=
Like the Jute Rug? Find a similar version from West Elm here.


<span class=
The Modern Farm Bench would be a nice addition to this table!


<span class=
There are too many headboards from West Elm to chose from, this is my favorite here.


<span class=
A few Spun Rattan Lanterns scattered about would extend the playing time outside!


<span class=
Check out the Dot Coffee Table another great option for this outdoor room!


(images from William Waldron/Country Living)

5 comments:

ABC Dragoo said...

Mnnnnn=LOVE!

Okay, so what we have here is a very, VERY neutral color palette. So pretty... and if they ever want a 'pop' of color, a few accessories will make ALL the difference in the world.

By the way, that glossy white ceiling is killing me. I am dying to do that in our bedroom, but Mr. DWR is attracted to the knotty pine look... what to do? I'll send him the link to this post!

Thanks for the inspiration Julie!
xoABCD

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

A perfect comfy cottage!

paislea said...

that massive chess set, is gorgeous. i love it.

♥ http://www.allisterbee.blogspot.com

Caitlin said...

Wishing I could spend the weekend in this cottage! What amazing inspiration. Have a wonderful weekend.

Arlene Grasman said...

These pictures are calling me to VACATION! Lovely pictures :)
Have a great weekend!