black and white all over

Look around you, black and white is everywhere these days! As I was flipping through my latest Harpers Bazaar there was the gorgeous Aerin Lauder (Estee Lauders granddaughter) in an amazing Oscar de la Renta dress. Look at this picture, isn't it just beautiful how her dress reflects in the desk? I love it! The strength of the contrast with black and white always gets me, it makes such a bold statement you have to stop and take a second look. Plus her closet would be the envy of any girl!


This again is an example of how interiors follow fashion trends.
This VisAVi pillow from CB2 has the same feel as her dress and imagine a room designed around the roman shades from Smith and Noble? The only thing is to be careful how many patterned pieces you put in one room, just a few will do the trick!





I absolutely LOVE these black and white containers from Plum Party! Bringing a dish to a dinner party or even just serving your own in these would be pretty cool. Plus with that handy lid I might actually look in the fridge and be prepared to eat the leftovers that were in there!


(images from Harpers Bazaar, Smith and Noble, CB2 and Plum Party)

No comments: