Let's Talk - Wallpaper in the Kitchen

When I came across this photo it took me a second to register what I was seeing. Wallpaper? In the kitchen? Let's talk about this! In the 70's this was completely normal (remember the orange and yellow floral wallpaper that complimented the avocado refrigerator?)  but these days more homeowners opt  for paint and prefer to add pattern with their window treatments. If you have been reading this blog for a while you might already know my opinion which I will share after a few comments are left!


Traditional HomeviaLEB 

So what do you say, would you consider wallpaper for your kitchen?
(image from Traditional Home via Everything LEB)

8 comments:

Kaffeslabberas said...

I could consider wallpaper that was easy to clean on a wall that´s well away from the stove. A kitchen needs to be easy to clean, other than that I could agree. Nothing too busy though. :)

Eye See Pretty said...

I love the idea of wallpaper and I am fine with a busy pattern (provided all other elements are neutral!) but it would have to be easy to clean and maintain!

Amy

LindsB said...

I say go for it- I actually really like the look and think its something different for a kitchen :)

Unknown said...

I second the motion, go for it! I like the idea of using light color for cabinets and a dark color for your wallpapers, that's great.

El said...

I could only deal with if it were hanging in the part of the kitchen away from prep work and cooking. Otherwise it would be destroyed!

Alanna said...

I actually moved into a house 7 years ago with a very discreet wallpaper in the kitchen (tile backsplash). I wasn't too keen on the idea in the beginning, but it's held up beautifully and has been really easy to clean (much easier than the gorgeous crown moulding).

Unknown said...

Brings me back to 1975. My parents had bright marimeko like wallpaper in the kitchen - that was until my brother burned down the kitchen deep frying pizza rolls with a babysitter. Glad to see kitchen wallpaper making a comeback.

Creategirl said...

Anne thanks for the comment! Oh my gosh hopefully everyone was ok...Wow that certainly is a way to redecorate!