A perfectly styled lunch!

Last week I had one of the most exciting lunches and I just have to share it with you. Yes the food and the gorgeous new space of Sam's was amazing but really the excitement came from the person sitting across from me! I am sure you know Stacy Kunstel and if you don't know her, I bet you know her work. She is the Editor/Stylist of New England Home Magazine and a stylist for magazines such as Better Homes and Garden and Traditional Home to name a few. Our lunch was one of those where I was just hoping we would have something in common...well let me say we have SO much in common! In an industry where people can get a bit bigger than themselves, it was refreshing to meet Stacy who is so generous, creative, encouraging and energetic. Over the weekend I was flipping through my inspiration folder and what do you know, I have many of Stacy's rooms saved. Below are a few recent rooms she has styled, notice the small details, how she layers pieces and always has fresh flowers!


<span class=


<span class=


<span class=


<span class=

This was a great example of reaching out to those in the blog/twitter world and actually meeting them in person. You never know what new friends you will meet! So go on out there, who will you meet this week?

(images 1/2 from Better Homes and Gardens 3/4 from New England Home)

10 comments:

LindsB said...

What a fun event! And even better that you got to meet such a talented designer- Her portfolio is amazing!

Anonymous said...

Love it all! Especially the bedroom on the bottom.

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Sounds like a great meeting. Amazing the people you can "meet" in the blog world--if you actually get to meet them even better!

ABC Dragoo said...

Oh Julieann! I had the wonderful pleasure of meeting Stacy last week as well - You're so right, she is a pure delight.

Stacy was my 1st CT Twitter house guest! We ate pain au chocolate and drank espresso under the arbor in my backyard. ; ) She is wonderfully talented and it was lovely to meet her.

Next you and I in NYC on Thursday, I can't wait!
xoxABCD

yvonne@designvignettes said...

I am jealous (hope to meet you both soon ;)

Creategirl said...

thanks for all the great comments, the people in our blog/twitter community really are amazing!

Amy I am so glad you had the opportunity to meet Stacy! I can just picture the 2 of you enjoying your new backyard. Can't wait to meet you in person as well!

Linda Merrill said...

Sounds like a fun lunch and yes, Stacy does beautiful work. Hard enough to style for the in person view, but to know what will work in 2D is an amazing thing.

Anonymous said...

Loving that nook.

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog! It's absolutely wonderful. And I agree- it's important AND fun to meet your blog/twitter friends! xo

Anonymous said...

Last week was an amazing week to meet with both @creategirl and @abcddesign. It felt so good to connect face-to-face with people I have grown to know over Twitter and blogs. There are so many things all of us share and it was such nice feedback to hear that many of the same challenges I face, they do too. Thanks so much! And thanks so much for such positive feedback!