A Special Glass Love

What is there to say? At times I come across a photo (in this instance twice ) and it makes me gasp! My love of hand blown glass started the first time I went to Italy and toured the Murano glass factories in Venice. So when I stumbled upon the ridiculously talented Elizabeth Lyons, I fell in love with her glassware and had to share! It might not be a typical CreateGirl item but there needs to be those special pieces we dream about and eventually buy, keeping for a lifetime. This is definitely one of those pieces for me!

The jeweled toned big jars with their oversized stoppers scream in a delicate way for attention. With each jar created by Elizabeth herself, you know you are getting a one of a kind item.



The Square Vases will add an interesting dimension to any vignette. Imagine it on a window sill with the light streaming in? Lovely!

"Little Vases for Big Flowers" quite possibly could be my favorite piece especially since the peony is my favorite flower....it only takes one!


amazing colors!

Visit Lyons Glass to see more images of her beautiful work and if you are like me walk around your house daydreaming of a possible "home" for one of her jars!

(images from Lyons Glass)

6 comments:

Null said...

Total eye candy indeed. If I were to style these, I would take different shapes/sizes all within the same color range and cluster them. My favorite combo would be aubergine, magenta, burnt orange and amber. So warm and lovely to look at.

Verdigris Vie said...

You and me both - when I took my friends to Venice - they fell in love and now all we talk about are those glass shops on our trip..;-)

I regret not buying larger items, but I'll be back...

Beautiful post - and looking forward to a great 2010!

Katie (Refresh Design Studio) said...

Very pretty. Those would be a fun pop of color in a neutral space!

Blair Friedeman said...

Oh just beautiful! What a great way to add color.

Jessica Nichols said...

What a great find! My grandfather was a glass blower so maybe these remind me of him, even though no one in the family saved a single piece of his work. Sigh. I love the little vases the most, but the square ones are a close second.

Creategirl said...

thanks for the comments ladies! I am so glad you like them as much as I do. As Lydia said they really are great "eye candy"!