Lighting Up Vermont


Take a peak into this cozy Vermont Retreat. Doesn't it look the perfect place to enjoy a fall getaway? This is the home of the unbelievably talented lighting designer Craig Roberts. As you peruse each room notice his use of subtle lighting. It makes such an impact!



There is nothing like the warmth of wide pine floorboards


Notice the perfectly placed bookshelves nestled under the windows. The lights are placed inside the shelves to create a simple glow and quietly highlight its contents.



By working with the architectural details of the room a cozy nook is created!



The indirect lighting in the soffits, calls the eye to wander to the height of the ceiling and beautiful bead board.



Just down a sweet flowered lined path sits the "summer house". A smaller structure with escapism written all over it. I just adore this and wonder if the small cottage is all one needs. With its screened in porch, working fireplace and enough windows to enjoy the view...well that just sounds like perfection to me!


(images from Design New England)

5 comments:

LindsB said...

That family room is like my new favorite, its so cozy feeling- perfect for the fall.

Julie Q said...

I agree with you! I'd settle for the small summer house down the path :)

Pragya said...

Your photos are just beautiful!!
I just stumbled upon you and I am sooo happy to have found your blog!

leslie said...

The small cottage is all I would need for a getaway!!! How divine!!!

Creategirl said...

it is the perfect getaway! Thanks for all the comments!!