How to Thursday - Shake it up, the new Colors

(ohhh I just adore the small tumbler with the purple tulips!!)

How about we mix up the color scheme for Thanksgiving a bit? We will keep the orange but lets try mixing in a bit of purple and chocolate to the scheme. We all know how trendy purple is at the moment so it should be easy to find a few accent pieces. Below is a great example photo!

Here are some of my quick finds! This is how I would set a table with the pieces below. First I would use the "Nubby Table Runner", add the brown charger (nice contrast with the runner) next the orange napkin and lastly the glass purple dinner plate. I chose the glass plate (which introduces a new element) since the orange cloth will look nice against the purple which is not too dark. Than we have the vintage wine glasses, which I adore. I like to add a different texture to the table which is why I chose the wooden serving pieces, it is a nice element and this is more of a casual table so we can get away with it! Mix in a few of your favorite short vases or glass tumblers with greens from the garden and you are ready for guests! Don't forget the pumpkins seat tags they will pull in the napkin color!

If you are looking to create a different table from the norm, flip through magazines find a table you like and recreate it for yourself!! It's easy and you might already have some of the pieces in your home!!



(images from southern accents, southern living, crate and barrel. william sonoma, fishs eddy, pottery barn)

No comments: