The RUE Launch Party

The first invitation I received for my NYC trip was to the RUE launch party at the New York Design Center. This was one event I was determined not to miss. I was so excited for all that Crystal had achieved in just a few short months in launching RUE, that I needed to be there and show my support. She had a vision, gathered the best team of people she could find and went forth with such determination that it was enviable. Her enthusiasm in bringing the best most approachable online design magazine to all of us decor lovers is admirable, not to mention she lived on very few hours of sleep to do so! Thanks to the New York Design Center ladies and the Century Furniture Showroom, they know how to throw one great party!

<span class=
The gorgeous Century Furniture Showroom


<span class=
The Seattle Girls Cassandra (Coco + Kelley) and Erin (Apartment #34)


Summer2010 494
I finally had the opportunity to meet the hilarious Joy and Janet (aka the Moggitgirls) in person!


Rue

RUE500
The gorgeous RUE ladies and Alix from NYDC


Summer2010 498

Summer2010 499
The beautiful founder (and great friend) Crystal of RUE!

The entire night was too fantastic for words and it felt like one big reunion as I met all the people I talk to daily through the blog and twitter! The design community we have all created through social media is one of the most inspiring and supportive group of people I have ever known!

(images from Coco+Kelley, LCYBlog, PlushPalate, Jace Interiors)

6 comments:

Mary @ RoomPolish said...

yayyy! Exciting! Looks like you had so much fun with all your fellow fab bloggeristas. What a gift!

Anonymous said...

Love seeing so many familiar faces and putting so many other faces with names! Can't wait for another huge get-together like that.

El said...

You look gorgeous! Beautiful dress. Glad you had fun.

Melissa Gulley said...

Go Girl- so exciting!

Crystal @ Plush Palate said...

Thank you so much for this kind and thoughtful post Julie! The night would not have been the same without you there. You've been my supporter since before the beginning and for that I am SO grateful. Proud and fortunate to be able to call you a friend!

xo,
Crystal

Suzanne said...

Wow, what an event!! I dream of meeting you and all of them someday! :)