Home Typography Tuesday

Welcome to another "Home Type Tuesday"! When I came upon the Garvey Chair on Anthropologie's website I have to admit I stared at it for a good 5 minutes. There are so many things I love about it, but I especially adore the simple way of adding a bit if fabric with type to the seat updates the entire look!

<span class=

"If you're using type as décor, only use it in one area," Covino suggests. "If you start to repeat it, it'll become overwhelming. . . . Let it be your wow piece in one section of the room. That way whatever you're ‘saying' in that type speaks on its own." quote from the article below


<span class=
I also want to take a quick moment to thank the folks over at STUFF Boston Magazine and the lovely Cheryl Fenton of the Easy Peasey blog for including my love of typography in their latest Reside Column. If you want to read the entire column pop over here!

(image from Anthropologie & STUFF)

3 comments:

Kate {domestikatedlife} said...

I was JUST reading your mention in Stuff last night! Great article.

Sarah Klassen said...

Nice mention! Much deserved -- you have a wonderful eye and such creativity :)

Null said...

I third the positive vibes! I don't know if this is a trend per se, but I have recently "collected" two luxe living room armchairs that are roomy in the seat and uber low to the ground. It does feel more down-to-earth and intimate to converse this way. A modern way to converse formally?