Pale Rose the new interiors color trend for 2010?

As so many of us interior folks know, fashion trends tend to be a sneak peek into interior trends. So when I opened the pre fall J.Crew catalog and saw all the "Dusty Rose" filling the pages I knew we might be on to something! The color is a more modern take on the mauve we knew from the 80's and mixed with a deep olive, it leads to a color trend for the upcoming year! I have pulled just a few images from around the web to give you an idea of what's to come!


<span class=
"Weathered Wood" colored silk blazer


<span class=
A soft pale rose chaise lounge


<span class=
"Rose Dust" Shoes and pink paisley top


<span class=
A suede pink armoire and throw is the perfect way to add this new color

What do you think? Would you use this color in your home or just stick with a few pieces for your closet?

(images from J.Crew & House Beautiful)

5 comments:

Sarah Klassen said...

I do like it, though I'm not sure that I would integrate it into my space -- I cannot even wear this color, but I think it's just lovely!

Thank you for sharing this inspiration :)

xo

Cynthia at Cynthia Mason Interiors said...

I think it might be one of those colors that looks great on other people! Can't see wearing it, or living with it myself, but it's really soft.

Beth Dotolo @ Hello, Splendor said...

I'm not much of a girly girl, but I think I could be converted by this.... LOVELY!!

And... so glad to be tweeting with you!! Happy to have connected.

Sharon said...

where do you buy the pale rose chaise

Anonymous said...

I would mix that pink colour with darker earth colours like red and a kind of dusty orange/terracotta. I think the combination would probably have to be used in a space with lighter walls though.