A Lesson in a "pop" of color for your house!

Over the weekend I was browsing through Living Etc online and came across a fantastic London Home - The Fulham House. Anything with London in the title always catches my eye as I am constantly trying to capture the feeling of when I lived there. When I started this house tour I realized quickly it was not like any other London flat (which are usually fairly small) this one had been expanded and with so many fun, quirky details that I just had to share. The way the muted palette incorporates small "pops" of bright color is a perfect example in how it can be done seamlessly. Take a peek inside with me!


<span class=
Mirrors flank the fireplace giving the space much need depth. The Peacock Rug gives a shot of movement and energetic color to the room!



<span class=
An amazing addition of a full glass doorway leads to the outdoor eating area! The Eames like chairs in a deep turquoise are a wonderful mix with stark white and warm wood.



<span class=
The LaMaison Bed makes such a statement with it's soft Parisian white lines, than POW! The striking yellow headboard begs for attention!



<span class=
Notice how the bathroom is void of any big pops of color? Pure relaxation!



<span class=
Immediately I fell in love with this wallpaper in the lower "WC"! What an accent!



<span class=
It's all in the details and I particularly adore this glass finial on the banister. Such a wonderful welcome detail.


<span class=
GORGEOUS! This curved sofa with a suzani printed accent fabric is just amazing!

Hope you enjoyed this tour of the Fulham House!
Check back later today as I will post my "Blog It Forward" for sfgirlbybay series!

(images from Living Etc/designer Turner Pocock)

1 comment:

Chroma Lab said...

What a COOL house! You're right, that headboard is the best. I need to bite the bullet and just subscribe to Living, Etc.