How To Thursday - Creative Organization Courtesy of Redbook

Have you ever arrived at the hairdressers or dentist a tad bit early, not because you are overly eager to sit in either chair but really want to read all the magazines piled up? Well recently that was me! I flipped through a Redbook and you know what? They had some really great organizing tips and a few that were creative. Now I don't know about you but if organization is creative project, than it just might be fun!


This is a fantastic welcome to any home and with all the storage possibilities one can almost be sure to stay on top of the clutter (yes I am convincing myself here...)! Below are the sources with a few of my own added in just to spice it up!


The traditional Lattice design is great but I also really like the above version of the Algerian.
Carrie Basket $39 perfect for magazines separated by catalogs, shelter and just for fun
3 seat storage bench $109, I chose a smaller bench perfect for my size apt.
Large Tribeca Storage Bins $11.99 these bins are a great price and I might just mix it up using the cocoa option



This could very well be my lifesaver! Lingerie Dividers from Organize $8 for 6. The perfect way to keep anything organized even if it is a draw full of crafting utensils!

What creative organization tips have you used in your own home?

(images from Redbook, Home Depot, Container Store)

7 comments:

Diana Strinati Baur said...

oh. I love that bench. I just looked. Only ships in the states! (dang). :) But I am going to print it off and take a look around to find something similar. I like the two-basket/cubby hole version too. Very nice.

Bethany Nelson said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who looks forward to appointments just so I can read the magazines! My hair salon has THE best collection of mags.
And I love the green baskets in the top photo. I actually have the black version for my bike!

Unknown said...

I love that lattice you found! Now to figure out how to use it...

Creategirl said...

Thanks for the comments! Diana I hope you find a bench or maybe one of the contractors can make one just for your space? Jennifer, please share pics of your daughters room with the lattice! Thanks BAN nice to know I am not the only one looking fwd to these appointments!

Haven and Home said...

All great finds! I love to read while I wait as well.

Maria Killam said...

What a luxury to have a bra organizer :) I wish I had that much space!

be your original best said...

hello..just found you! love the blog. (I was searching for erin condrens house that I had seen in FC mag! thanks!!) i have you bookmarked and will visit often!