Chair love by Judith Miller!

I resist the thought of making any kind of "wish list" until after Thanksgiving but when I saw this book I had to make an exception! "Chairs" with its bright red, simple, to the point cover just beckoned me to open its pages. It's a fantastic education of the chair, how it has evolved and more importantly how each sits. An incredible chronicle of the years where it's form curved and other years when it sat straight is just fascinating. Paired with Nick Pope's photography, Judith Miller's book is one that will make you look at your chairs in a much more loving way...if that is even possible!







(images from San Francisco Chronicle, Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Chicago Tribune)

4 comments:

StacyStyle said...

Isn't it a great book?! I put it in the November issue of New England Home as an Editor's Pick. I absolutely love Judith. I got to shoot and interview her in New York about six years ago and she could not have been more gracious and entertaining. That book is gorgeous too!

Anonymous said...

oh, looks like an awesome book! Thanks for the heads-up!

Apt. #34 said...

Thanks so much for the twitter shoutout. Love your blog!

Marni at Style Carrot said...

She is a great lady! I interviewed her for a piece on eBay's new content site, The Inside Source. She was a lot of fun!
http://www.theinsidesource.com/topics/home-and-garden/view/shopping-with-judith-miller/