Cape Cod's Casual Elegance

This Cape Cod house is spectacular! Even though I live in New England I have to admit I am not the biggest fan of the Cape but when I came across this house there was no hesitation, I wanted to move right in! Built on 3 acres in Osterville the owners of the home wanted to create an estate with plenty of room to entertain but also have a feeling of casual relaxation which can be hard to accomplish with such large rooms. Take a look below, I do believe they have succeeded!



This is the picture that made me stop and SWOON! I absolutely love these chairs. It might be difficult to see but the chairs have turned legs with a solid navy upholstery and what looks to be a grasscloth effect on the back, it could be fabric as well! The dark wood floor with the contrasting jute rug is just delightful! Not to mention my love of built-ins and fireplaces, I say this one is a keeper!


Nothing more to say than perfection! The chandelier is simple which I like, keeping the focus on the view. The seagrass lounge chairs, warm fabrics and the dark tables blend beautifully. Leading again to that casual feel.


This kitchen would make anyone want to gather even if it is just to get after beach munchies and enjoy a few glasses of wine! Do you like the pop of yellow stools at the island? Look up, the ceiling is a piece of artwork in itself!



Click below on the links to see even better pictures of this home and if you have a direct line to the owners let them know they have converted me to a Cape Cod loving girl!

(images from Design New England - Photos by Sam Gray, Design by Bierly Drake Assoc)

2 comments:

Dana Cordova said...

White and black and hits of yellow--my favorite! And all done in chic beach style, very cool!

Verdigris Vie said...

Faint - this place is beautiful ! I am loving all the B * W Drama, and the punches of yellow just for fun. It's fabulous!

Great find..
V