Monday Morning Happy

Happy New Week! It's the first full week of spring and I plan to embrace it, even if it is still a weee bit chilly!

The end of last week I was in a bit of a creative slump, I am happy to say it has passed! Phew! Holly over at Decor8 sent me an encouraging email which was just so sweet! I also decided to "clean the slate" in a way and I started with my inspiration board which sits over my desk. At times the best thing to do is "empty the room" and start over, it's a great way to take stock of where your creativity is. So this is what I came up with some pieces are constants like the quotes and photos on the left but to the right I exchanged almost all the room photos.


before the cleansing!



after:


I cropped the room inspirations here:

A window seat always signifies relaxation and serenity for me so when I saw this picture I knew it was a keeper! The brown cushion accented with turquoise and yellow pillows are a fabulous color combo and one which I see myself drawn to lately (more to come on that)! The black and white tile in the kitchen is fantastic, I dream of this for myself someday. With spring here I love the idea of a crisp white vase with a simple single flower. Just lovely! These are just a few images which caught my attention this weekend. This is an exercise I should do more often. It's nice to have the option to "clean the slate" and start from scratch! Afterall isn't that what spring is all about?
Enjoy the week
jul

No comments: